Tuesday, January 25, 2011

From the Corporate Slimeball Series

To the Sheeple regarding your dollar menu.


¡Ay, caramba!




http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110125/ap_on_bi_ge/us_taco_bell_lawsuit 


[MONTGOMERY, Ala. – An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" in its products.

The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as "beef," according to the legal complaint.

The class-action lawsuit was filed Friday in federal court in the Central District of California by the Montgomery law firm Beasley, Allen, Crow, Methvin, Portis & Miles.

Attorney Dee Miles said attorneys had Taco Bell's "meat mixture" tested and found it contained less that 35 percent beef.

The lawsuit on behalf of Taco Bell customer and California resident Amanda Obney does not seek monetary damages, but asks the court to order Taco Bell to be honest in its advertising.

"We are asking that they stop saying that they are selling beef," Miles said.

Irvine, Calif.-based Taco Bell spokesman Rob Poetsch (PAYCH) said the company denies that its advertising is misleading.

"Taco Bell prides itself on serving high quality Mexican inspired food with great value. We're happy that the millions of customers we serve every week agree," Poetsch said. He said the company would "vigorously defend the suit."

The lawsuit says that Taco Bell's "seasoned beef" contains other ingredients, including water, wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent and modified corn starch."]


Yum! Brands Named to CNBC's Ambassador's Index http://www.yum.com/  


YEEEECH!

14 comments:

  1. Ahhhh beef is overated anyway... I'm sure taco bell is just cutting down on the possibility of passing on mad cow disease to the consumer in their products. They do it all for YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes i forget that these fastfood anomalies still exist.
    at any rate, yukk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a long time since I put such a thing to my lips...

    That time frame will now stretch to infinity.

    Borderline shitpie...yukk is right.
    \\ll//

    ReplyDelete
  4. Back in the 90's the Texas prisons fed Vita-pro to inmates. It was a mix of chicken skins,feet,parts,soy and God knows what else. When it came out it was designed as DOG FOOD there was a shit-storm. Bon apetite yall !
    http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-146772.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are temptressing Me with that new pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lawsuit to Taco Bell: Where's the beef? - Yahoo! News
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110125/ap_on_bi_ge/us_taco_bell_lawsuit

    Timing is everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JG, Are you speaking into a mic there in your new gravytar?
    \\ll//

    ReplyDelete
  8. honestly korny, you never fail to make me laugh:) I'm deadly serious in that picture, contemplating all the horrors coto KNOWS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Unfortunately no Will. Those are my old lady bifocals. I can't read small print to save my freakin' life. I have a picture of me doing my best impression of Sarah Palin in them. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eewwwwwwww .... did you know they put dead dogs in some dog food?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I/m popping my popcorn and getting ready for Obama World, directed by the committee, starring Barry Soetoro in his Nebel prize winning performance from his hit farce of 08 called "The Liar"

    This proves to be a tearjerker as he will parade the false flag MK Arizona scam until I cry.

    Better get my Kleenex as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol PD...well then we'll wait breathlessly for your review of the production. I'm sure Roger Ebert is saving an aisle seat for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...now I can make it out, your holding the glasses up...yea.
    Gawd I can't wear bifokoes, they make my head spin.
    I do wear reading glasses tho'
    I had catyrackattacks and got new acrylic lenses with extra umph about seven years ago. But reading glasses are still needed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So you can stand to watch the Kenyan yap...Mr. you're a better man than I.
    The pomp and poopinstnace makes my ass twitch.
    \\ll//

    ReplyDelete