Thursday, September 22, 2011

Howl Land Bitch

Me Little Girls


Aye, they grow up too quick, they do.



Ahoy me little girls, 16 years ago... one is a daughter- Amelia, the other is a dog, Kismet.  Dogs age faster than people.  Today Amelia believes she has finally found her path... the theater... but the little puppy knew her part the moment she came to live with us.  All the critters in the area, possum raccoon... even skunk had to deal with the brown fuzz-ball mapping out territory with inquisitive sniffer and stout little legs.  She protected the children, and followed them wherever they went... even those not in our immediate charge.  That is how Kismet was captured and got mandatory chip and spay in her second year: following children to school.


Kismet's keen black nose plotted out space for her own humans, and she guarded those bounds for the rest of her long dog life.  She was a quiet and gentle companion, yet would charge and devour any interloping critter capable of malice or mischief.  Kismet had her own vocabulary and very expressive ears to instruct her family on sound and smell and folded herself well into vehicle on so many trips to the Great Lake.  She grew too old to travel well.  Seemed to like pensive time home alone.  "She has bug-eyes," said Amelia when they were both little girls. Now there is only one girl in my twilight state to treasure until I meet little wag-tail puppy Kismet at the great gate to eternity.

Now Sid and I are left to bark at the stupid-heads. Kismet got a puppy when she was older to teach all those old dog things.  She snarled at him first, then licked him for a while and finally ignored him.  Sid is a Border Collie type mutt... your generic black-and-white with slant dog-eyes, not round bug-eyes.  The round brown eyes and expressive ears did not bode well on Talk-Like-a-Pirate Day.  She had said this before, but she was a tough old dog.  Her eyes were closed and she sighed with an ear scratch.  In the time it took to pour a cup of coffee and turn around, she was gone.  Peaceful-like... darting off toward the gate.  If the sun is warm on your face and the wind is at your back...

You are in the Elysian Fields and you're already dead!  The things we do in this life echo in eternity.  Glad he ate her,  and so old man time will swallow us all.  Gallon or a dram.  Blessing or a dam dog died and eyed a rat to play duh blew swayed shoes tracking in lapping water beach and wind up little bubba-toy puppy tagging along.  Those were fine days.  Glad we had them.  Compost modern is coming, and so is Winter.  Winter and Summer are my little girls.  The boys spring and fall over the turning blue marble and rising and setting son is off on his own coarse two.  It's been a good run and it ain't over yet  and you bet you can have another.  The boys are my pride and joist bite on apple off me.

Aye will always love me little girls. 

[caption id="attachment_15876" align="aligncenter" width="191" caption="Kismet"][/caption]

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Yup...loves the little girls...got two mesef...

    \\ii//

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious pics W. Sixteen years a lifetime? When loved everyday it is a lifetime. Too many will never know sixteen minutes. Sorry for your gap. I have one closing over Casey in 09 and another one coming very soon.

    Damned if I know anything but the unconditional submission to my sorry ass by my best friends. Wish I had more..just a tear or two for sweet Kismet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh....that made me cry. You'll meet beautiful Kismet again at the rainbow bridge...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQvYh_3Atw

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can barely stand this kind of thing...I have gone through it with too many of my feathered and furry friends...

    I still mourn my last one that left me in Georgia every night when I say good night to my two remaining ones...

    I'm so sorry Waldo...it cuts us to the very bone....

    \\+//

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, it's a microcosm... a metaphor. Oh she is real, alright. Kismet... Turkish word for "fate." Like kids do, somehow that little puppy just grew into her name. Like daughter Amelia and son Ezekiel are doing right now... and their momma Diana was already moon-goddess of the hunt when I met her.

    She had shepherd-Rottweiler markings and shape... maybe some Chow... and I swear some Coyote. Kismet I mean... not Diana. The little brown puppy had just chewed off the tops of my brand new high-end Redwing boots. Furious, I smacked her ass with the boots. It was the only time I ever heard her yelp. Maybe that's why her back-end went out when she got old. Years later (hey- I was a different person then) I whacked her smartly on the ass with the heavy end of my walking-stick... asserting alpha-dog authority.

    Not a peep. Just a patient look from those huge round set-forward bug-eyes and I never set an angry hand on her for the rest of her life. Kismet was my fate. Kismet was a fighter. She could be an intimidating dog. but most of the time she wore an expression that looked like she was smiling... and she was. She loved little kids. They would poke and prod and pull and Kismet would smile and wag her curled-back husky tail so hard you could feel the wind in the next room.

    She was a tough old dog, and The Reaper approached her slowly, with great respect. I fancy it was because she had been his agent numerous times in the dark around the house when them nocturnal nasty varmints is about. Lemme tell ya- as a lifetime Indiana shit-kicker,,, raccoons go down hard. Some mornings I would find parts... not enough to make a Davy Crockett hat. We are seeing the beginnings of all that in Occupy Wall Street. The puppies is doing their thing. They know not to pee or poop in the house.

    Kismet was so ashamed when her bladder or bowels got the best of her before she could get any of the rest of us to let her outside. I got drunk one night and tried to explain that we loved her. She was not a bad dog. The response was that same patient look that could be roughly translated as, "What are you trying to do here, Monkey?" She was a dog to her very bone. But she represents Fate. Old people see metaphors in fucking everything. That's because there ARE metaphors in fucking everything.

    That is why we are the Coalition Of The fucking Obvious.

    And yes, we KNOW it's just the Schema patterned in out wet ware. Kismet snarls at the floodgates of post-modern poopadoodle that would say it is all relative. Goddam malked Intruders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what a sweet girl she was.

    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of theirs. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."
    - Cheryl Zuccaro –

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's beautiful Never...the Zuccaro quote.

    Thanks fer it.

    And thanks for those last thoughts on mataphors Waldo...makes a lotta sense in a sensless world.
    \\ii//

    ReplyDelete