Monday, April 19, 2010

T H E S K Y W H A L E

I stepped outside for a smoke ...



to get a whiff of the fresh air


in between puffs on my roll-my-own.


I have to hide when I smoke.


Heart condition.


That's when it happened.


You're not gonna believe this, so brace yourself before reading any further.




............................................brace................................................






It started with your normal evening sights and sounds.
Birds chirping, praising the arrival of spring.
The first warm day after a long, hard winter.
A cat on the prowl, hoping her stealth shield is still intact.
Laughter from neighbor's garden.

No doubt, the swans up in their nests are making the best of the weather.
I can hear them flapping their wings as they adjust positions.



But what's that?

A very strange noise!?



whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo



I looked off to the right, trying to locate the source.

No luck.

Neighbor's house is in the way.

But then.......I couldn't believe my eyes.

It looked liked a whale, big and dark, with tail fins and a pointed nose.

It was moving a lot faster than a whale.

Wait a sec,                       wait a sec.....

Wait   a   fucking   sec!




W H A L E S   D O N ' T   FLY !




Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!




The whale in the sky disappeared behind my other neighbor's house.


Lots of houses here.






Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

it said




M A Y D A Y


M A Y D A Y


M A Y D A Y




THERE IT IS.........THERE IT IS...........  I CAN SEE IT!



Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu



I caught a glimpse of its underbelly as it curved off to the right just before it disappeared.


It was the first Jumbo Jet since last thursday.


I had almost forgotton how loud and threatening they are.


By the way, the stars were out a lot more than usual while the sky whales were away.


Oh, and the air was a lot fresher.


I'm sure there's more to be said, but a reader ...


has an imagination.


And The Google.





tf

2 comments:

  1. That's very poetic Curt. I really do like your writing style. Let's have more ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyjafjallajokull - translated

    Eye - Jab - Nafta - EU - job - kill

    We had plenty of chemtrails here today. I have a headache and feeling especially nasty today. Hense my post on Wild War Criminal Bill and the gall he has to appear at OKCity memorials.

    Thanks for the distraction Curt. Nice photo too! I am glad those stranded are finding their way home.

    ReplyDelete