Thursday, August 20, 2009

Unemployment "Unexpectedly" Rises?

How is it possible for a huge number of neo-liberal media people to be using terms like, “fire him,” “fire her,” and “fire them,” and that temperment not be reflected in a zeitgeist where a huge number of people are getting terminated from their employment, perhaps ending their careers?

Just asking.

It started for me this morning with Bill Press yukking it up with Media Matters President Eric Burns, going down a list with a litany of names for whom the neo-liberal talking heads have little to no use for – Lou Dobbs, Bill O’Reilly, Rush Limbaugh and, of course, Glenn Beck.  “Fire ‘em,” was Bill Press’ screed.

Now my heroine, Larisa Alexandrovna, is pumping up the volume on Sergeant James Crowley, the man who wrongfully detained and arrested Professor Henry Gates, Jr., in his own home last month.  Alexandrovna claims that a history of less than one percent of a police officer’s arrests represents a “track record” of civilian complaints.  I suppose Alexandrovna and RawStory would like prefer it if Officer Crowley be “fired” as well.

Where are all these fellow Americans going to end up and how will they feed their families?

I, for one, would like to see Glenn Beck forced to dial his rhetoric back, perhaps doing some children’s programming for a while, maybe some Adult Swim reruns of “Greg the Bunny,” to blow off some steam.  No, I do not believe he is worth anything close to what Rupert Murdoch is paying him, but Mr. Murdoch is clearly at war with modern civilization: Murdoch does not want what is best for human civilization.  Membership in the billionaire’s club has its privileges, apparently, not the least of which is being able to eat one’s own tail and have plenty left over for the rest of us to feast on.  What a fine example of stewardship for a new millenium.

If Glen Beck cannot make ends meet for less than six figures, he can mow my lawn for what I am paying my lawn person now.  That same offer is available to the rest of this assembly of clowns brought together by their willingness to crawl on their bellies for someone else’s idea of “Jesus.”  I want no part of this Electric Jesus Koolaid party that the world’s globalists have been throwing since Bill Clinton began blazing a trail of slime for them in 1992.

But for supposed progressives to be contributing to this festival of hate speech – I am simply flummoxed.  It is not for the fate of these right-wing, proto-fascist, worm-eaten half-wits on network television that I have my greatest concern, but for the fate of people whose names are appearing on pink slips every day across this once great nation of our’s.  People who are not making anywhere near the sums written on meaningless slips of paper that Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs are. 

I remember what it was like to be unceremoniously “dumped” from my 13 year career in educational testing; I remember the feelings of alienation and separateness that nearly drove me to put a gun in my mouth because I really thought it was over me.  In spite of Mike Malloy’s invective to the contrary, I would not want to see Glenn Beck following in the footsteps of his suicidally-prone family members.  I despise his behavior, but I would not wish for that level of hopelessness to descend on any human being; and I certainly would not want to see him splattering his head open on national television. 

Enough is god-damned enough, people.  Pistols and ten paces at dawn would be far more honorable than the conjoint trashing of each other that is going on in the media right now.

In fact, that should be the yardstick by which we measure our words for and against each other: would we be willing and able to face our detractors and our perceived enemies to pistols at dawn behind the words we use to sink and foul one another?  This is where so-called liberals need to be taking this debate.  Put up, or shut up.  There is plenty of anger and invective out there to foment a violent revolution, so let’s show some of our supposed liberal courage.

Rather than engaging in the shouting matches that these proto-fascist lunatics try to hook us into, let us simply and resolutely suggest to our questioners and accusers on national television that we settle our differences with some finality; pistolas at dawn.  Put up or shut up, Mr. Dobbs, Mr. Limbaugh, Mr. Beck and Mr. O’Reilly.  And if they don’t possess the stomach for such an activity, let’s compromise and challenge them to a bare-knuckled public brawl.  Enough with all this shameful, pathetic talk.

If I do not have the courage of my convictions, if the passion of my words will not drive me to the lengths our Founding Fathers went to to build this republic, then I need to sit down among the sheeple and watch the show.

Until then, I would personally like to invite any of the aforementioned half-wits to a very public, very final confrontation.  Earn your right to speak as you do in public, ladies and gentlemen, for this is the world of the fascist and the rules by which they would have each of us live.  Since we have no economic clout to stop their destructiveness, we need to take matters to a level that is appropriate for the conflict.

Pistols at dawn or a bare-knuckled brawl.  Winner continues to speak freely and publicly, loser needs to shut the hell up, once and for all.

10 comments:

  1. I think you missed the point, JG.

    We need to stop the "you're fired" talk and focus on, the "where's the beef" talk -- and direct it RIGHT AT the right wing.

    Thinking that a polluted media environment doesn't impact YOU, personally, is evidence that you, too, suffer from the same thinking that is keeping the Left huddled in what's left of their homes and their suburban lives.

    All this lunacy does effect you...the lesson is we should have jumped down the throats of the corporations and Congress BEFORE all this crap happened. We had the lessons of history available to us; did we think they were just kidding about Hitler and the Third Reich? Did they think the historians were just joshing us when they told us that masses of people could be traumatized and then hypnotized into believing absurdities while their government committed atrocities?

    No, they weren't. We f-d up. Now we've got a mess to clean up.

    I, for one, am fed up with liberals and progressives playing the fascist's games. Call them out and throw DOWN on these a-holes.

    We need to show these fucktards to be the cowards that we KNOW they are.

    If Obama can't stomach the fight, he needs to get the hell out of the way. Personally, I think Pilger is right...Obama is just a blow-up psyop doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. V you missed MY point. The lunacy of msm does NOT affect me anymore because I don't watch it. I don't pay attention to it. It makes me crazy to do so. Does it affect the sheeple?.. Hell yea, but there's not a damn thing we can do about that unless we take control of the airwaves.

    The right wing? I'm more concerned with the left wing that they aren't out in the streets screaming bloody murder that this administration is a continuation of and even worse than the last.

    Obama stomach the fight? What fight? He's wall street & the corporate whore's guy. THe bankster bailouts, health care that is big pharma & the insurance industry's dream? Obama's babies. He's doing exactly what he was trained to do by the big boys like Kissinger and Brezinski. Now he's got three flu shots lined up for us to kill us hard or kill us soft.

    Everything is going according to the divine plan of the elite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. We crossed wires.

    I no longer believe that it is possible for the people around me to be effected and that not have an impact on me. That's been the case for so long, I forget what it's like to see myself as the isolated bag of water bouncing off other bags of water that I once did.

    No one gets anything done in isolation, so I need to do a better job recognizing just how frightened people are becoming. I was there back in the 1980's as Reagan took power.

    I thought Clinton was a reprieve and a last ditch hope.

    I only believed faintly that Obama might be. He's being used as a Trojan horse.

    If he wasn't the man I think he is, they wouldn't be threatening him with his shitty SS detail and having people brandishing weapons at his appearances.

    If he doesn't grow a pair, he will be trampled and die.

    Check out the tail end of John Pilger's July appearance in SF. I think he might be onto something. People are waking up. Maybe too late, but I know I've done all that I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliantly put Jersey Girl.

    I cannot watch ANY of these so called news programs. Whether it is MSNBC, ABC, CBS etc. They are on air for one reason and that is to distract the viewers, then to create a contrived reality, one which they believe is good for America. Sadly, many of these over paid shills know dam well what's going on, and how their mendacious blather is contributing to the destruction of our once great country. I can't even watch Amy Goodman anymore. She's another gatekeeper, sending us back down into the rabbit holes.

    Speaking of gatekeepers, Volaar would appreciate this one. Being he is-was a fan of the phony Mike Malloy show.


    This is a recent email I sent Malloy. He was mocking the folks at the town hall meetings who were merely voicing their concerns over the healthcare issues. Dig the childish response from Malloy, who has sunk to a new low.


    In a message dated 8/11/2009 9:46:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Munich420@ writes:


    Why are you mocking these Americans who are merely voicing their concerns Malloy?

    You're a phony! A gatekeeper, who still believes in the left-right paradigm.

    Denial isn't a river in Egypt


    AUTOMATED RESPONSE



    Our listener email records indicate you have written to The Mike Malloy Program several times in the recent past. In reviewing these emails we concluded you were a delusional asshole and needed to be ignored.



    We tried being nice, sending you a “thanks for supporting . . .” email in response to your breathtaking stupidity and ignorance. However, you persist. Which raises the question of why you right-wing nut cases insist on sending your comments where they are laughed at and made fun of.



    So, we are now sending you this email. Go the fuck away. You are acting like a drooling stalker. Your ideas and opinions are worthless. We are stunned by your idiocy and lack of character. You are a fluke of the universe. You have no right to be here. And whether you can hear it or not, the universe is laughing at you behind your back.



    Be gone! Go masturbate!





    Sincerely,



    STAFF

    MIKE MALLOY PROGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did vote for Clinton but was sorry later when I saw what he really stood for. That's when my great awakening began.

    Obama? hell no. He was never a liberal. He's a fake just as Pilger states. To me and many others, it was quite clear what his agenda was. That he was the same war mongering, corporate pig loving, civil liberty smasher that GW was. He made it quite clear all during his campaign for anyone willing to actually listen to what he said and not get dazzled by the glitz. The obamaniacs chose to see what they wanted to see, not who he really was.

    I believe he has no intention of doing anything except what the big boys expect of him. They paid his way there. He's gonna dance them all the way to the destruction of the U.S. and on to the global government.

    He's just a puppet but one that knew all along exactly where he was headed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have sent at least three emails to his show that ALMOST made the Uncensored Mail Bag.

    I'll be loyal until he starts listening to Kall over me, or dissing my stuff publically. Until then, I don't think of Malloy as anything other than an angry white liberal who doesn't want to let go of the dream of America. As George the Prophet said, "it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."

    I wouldn't doubt it if they gave Carlin a mickey that pushed his heart over the edge. They got rid of John Lennon and they'll get rid of anyone with a loyal audience large enough to pose a serious challenge to their authority.

    The only problem I have with Malloy's sensibilities is that he isn't really doing what he needs to do. IOW, the fact that he's a cathartic release for so many of us, we are, in some sense, comforted by his presence. As long as Malloy is getting angry for us, we don't see as much urgency to protest as we perhaps should.

    I don't think he does this on purpose...but I think he's permitted to stay online and squawking because of this phenomenon. He's being unwittingly used, IOW.

    There are plenty of other things I'm sure we can agree on without having to come up with excuses not to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't start waking up from Clinton until he was acquitted by the Senate.

    The way he started behaving didn't seem right -- it didn't make sense to me.

    Of course...now we all know what a slimeball he was, with more information coming out all the time.

    The CIA approaches all of our scholars and turns them, or throws them away, it seems. Happened to both Clinton and Obama. If you haven't worked for the Company, they won't let you near the levers of power.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too was a loyal fan of malloy. I was even a founding member of nova m radio when it first started up because of mike.

    Then something happened to him. He said he was going to devote at least one night a week to discussing 9/11 truth. He gave us ONE night and that was it. The truth would not be told on his show.. nuhuh.

    He said he was vacillating between obama and nader during the campaign. Then went squarely in the corner of Obama AFTER he said he'd bomb pakistan, send more troops to afhanistan and voted for fisa. What????

    No way. I'm with Munich 100%. All Malloy can do is piss and moan about the republicans and what the bush regime did. Has he not noticed that NOTHING has changed since Obama has become president. In fact, things have gotten decidedly worse.

    Nice goin' Mike. You've lost quite a bit of your audience due to the fact that you have become a sycophant of the dems and the obama admin. You got no cred left with the real progressives, buddy. Ta ta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed Jersey Girl. Malloy has lost his moxie and he is nothing more than an Obama apologist.

    In fact, I don't know if Richard is aware of this, and I'm not attempting to turn your thread into a Malloy rant, but about two weeks ago I was listening to heim (I said I wouldn't) all of about ten minutes, and it is then that Malloy stated that mental illness runs in Beck's family and he hoped Beck would kill- shoot himself live on air, so that it could then be broadcast on youtube for all to see.

    Who in their right frame of mind Richard would say such a thing? Tell me? It was WRONG for Malloy to say this, and I let him know about it. That was another email I'd sent him.

    A prior email was in regard to the senseless killing and maiming of the innocent Afghan and Pakistani people, and the money being wasted in Afghanistan, who's people and country I pray for daily, are being slaughtered and maimed for no reason! Did Malloy talk about this? NO! Instead he was venting again about, you guessed it, Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck, who are complete assholes. Why waste time talking about them? It's futile!

    Sadly, Malloy is losing his listening audience. He and his feckless wife Kathy only have themselves ta blame.

    They continue making excuses for an administration that promised Change, which ain't happening. It is more of the same. A continuation of the mendacity, death and destruction.

    Mike Malloy is about as much a "truthseeker" as the man in the moon. He's a fraud! He sure railed though about Bush co. didn't he?

    If Malloy is afraid of the truth perhaps then he shouldn't be on the air?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Munich, I know of at least three people of coto who have given up on Malloy. All once loyal listeners who couldn't bear to miss a minute of a Malloy rant.

    Oh well, some continue to grow and others die on the vine.

    ReplyDelete