Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The future is now

My first computer had gears and a crank. We have made giant strides in the advancement of technology,but as a society we are completely dysfunctional. Here is one sample of real technology,and one example of real technology mixed with fantasy. I no longer fear technology, I have a big monkey-wrench and I know how to use it.







The farthest I got was using a Fanuc conversational 10-T programming unit. I toyed around with Auto-cad 2006. The future belongs to the Japanese it seems,just like a Phillip K. Dick novel.





4 comments:

  1. I havent been to a theatre in 15 years but I think I might go see this one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PDlMggROA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that movie does look very good korn. This is the first I've heard of it. I love that it's filmed documentary style. It really looks intensely suspenseful! District 9.. Area 51

    Btw, I want to take a baseball bat to those annoying robots !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's face the facts. Once The big kill off is done and over with, including the end of the big stink that will come during and after the big kill off, survivors will HAVE TO employ robots in order to survive the aftermath. Robots are THE future (not our future). Human beings are currently far too plenteous, robots too scarce...to fulfill plans for the future of this world. I first came to realize this as a sci-fi reading teenager. The only real hole in the plan is the lack of technicians to build and maintane the robots. Solution? Robots build and repair robots. Look for them and you'll see how far along the plan is.

    Movies? No thanks. Maybe a little, later, but not over the lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading a book by Asimov about some robots in the form of little kids that would infiltrate enemy lines,get their confidence and then detonate at just the right moment. I forgot the name of it but it was great.

    ReplyDelete