Friday, July 24, 2009

COTO Goes To Congress

Well my merry band of truth seekers and pot stirrers, I have been just a wee bit busy, so have been unable to post here. I have a friend Danene, who is COTO to the bone and every time I call her on the phone, she laughs and says "Oh shit, Cavlan is not working so who are you pissing off and exposing now?"

So here is a catalogue of things I have been doing.

Lets see, spoke with three other people on a 3 hour radio show at Mankato State University about the political and media realities of the world we live in.

Next day spoke at a Press Conference on Single Payer (in my Nurses scrubs and stethoscope) and my part is what the corporate media showed although with no sound.

Then, my friend Dave Bicking brought the mayor of Minneapolis to court for violating the law. I was there with him and have been working on that story. I have it published, or just about to be published in four papers and one radio station (I did a half hour interview on KFAI radio) on what came from that trial.

Then, next day I went to a meeting, set up by nice, comfortable latte liberals in the group Twin Cities Media Alliance, who were having a nice cosy meeting with a local corporate media talking head.

I show up, start by saying "well, this is nice and cosy" and then start speaking the damned truth about the corporate media. Poor guy, LOL and poor timid liberals didn't know what hit them.

Then I worked a group called UH-CAN, which is a fairly radical direct action Single Payer group. Well. they THOUGHT they were radical till I showed up.. LOLOL. We are planning actions in the near future.

Then did another day with a new group here. It is called Open Progressive Party of Minnesota. It is a crew of malcontents who are SERIOUS about building an alternative to the two party system. We are networking with others all over the country.

THEN my dear friends Dori, Amy and I have been working on the latest 6 shows of our cable Show Lies and Omissions of Corporate Media, which is just getting better and better.

Tomorrow and Sunday I am working as the main organizer for the Street Medics at the One Day In July event www.onedayinjuly.org to commemorate the police shootings in Minneapolis at a Teamsters Strike, where the union then won.

I am also helping the Poor People's Human Rights Campaign, fighting against foreclosures and taking over foreclosed houses. We just had a huge win yesterday, BTW. One woman, Rosemary stood up and faced the banks and the community stood up with her. They JUST BACKED DOWN and she is not loosing her home. That is WELLS FARGO bank BTW.

Oh and I just filed to run for Minneapolis City Hall, with the expressed intention of starting a run for Congress. As a member of the Open Progressive party of Minnesota.

Not bad for about two weeks work, eh? I am going on vacation to Michigan for 10 days next week. Minnesota establishment probably says thank God.

So what have you fine folks been up to?

4 comments:

  1. Irish, you're out there making a real difference. I'm very proud of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, you have been busy. And to boot with real substantive endeavors. I wish we could say the same here.

    We miss your presence here, but will have to sacrifice until we can start campaigning for you.

    Keep us posted even if it's just postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work young man. We are here at the farm belching carbon with our big central air-con. Momma says a guy was selling tortillas at the flea market today and the man came and took him away. When you walk outside on the grass in crunches like it was frozen,only its burned from the heat and drought. Just sitting here waiting for the last shoe to drop. I seldom leave the compound. To go out is to be subject to the gestapo. Here I am the law and I will not be corrupted.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, you are a good role model and an asset. Be careful out there...

    ReplyDelete