Any good halfway educated American knows that our politicians and our institutions are only accessible to certain well connected individuals and or organizations. Here is a short list of who is welcome in the sacred edifice of Tutt´s cess. I wouldnt want anybody going through the embarrassment of having to shake the hand of a warmonger.
1. If you donated 450,000 to either branch of the one party, you are in.
2. If you have dual-citizenship and fumble with two passports you are in,and are probably going to get a highly placed cabinet position.
3.If you are an old Indian geezer with a jeweled turban you are in like flint.
4. Card carrying commies and community organizers are usually in,depending on what recent scandal has been reported reluctantly by the press.
5.Active duty generals are in if they report on success in Pak-raq-istan,not the ones reporting the flashlights up the gazoot (I will refrain from any battery-acid references cuz this is a family type joint).
6. If you worked for Enron and can cook up a good money-making scam, WELCOME BABY !
7. If you are made of wood you are always welcome (I got wood when I saw that Salami woman).
Last night I watched "A Scanner Darkly" . It was a typical take of Phillip K. Dick´s future. A lot of paranoid drug addicts all watching each other and reporting to the state. Then when the end of the story came Dick's great talent as a visionary just blew Me away.
The dedication of the book was scrolled before the credits,all the people he knew that had been killed or harmed by drugs. I can relate, I have one of those lists with hundreds of names.
If you have not seen it get it soon.